The desktop wallpaper is the image that fills the background of your computer screen when all programs are closed. Some people choose to leave the desktop blank by filling it with just one color. Others use one of the default backgrounds provided by the operating system, such as a logo, stock photograph, or an abstract design. But many people prefer to create custom desktop wallpapers from personal photos or images found online.
Key features of the current desktop service include :
- User authentication.
- locally installed applications.
- Up to two hundred centrally distributed applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Centrally controlled anti-virus scanning.
- A personal network data location (H drive).
- Shared network data space (S drive for employees).
- Access to multi-functional tools to print, copy and scan.
- Free internet access through internet explorer.
How to add pictures to your computer desktop ?
- Click the “Start” menu and find “Control Panel.”
- Click “Appearance & Personalization” and “Change Desktop Background.”
- Select the picture you want to use as your desktop image or choose to search for a different image by clicking the “Picture location” drop-down menu or using the “Browse” option.
- Select “Save Changes” to make the image you selected as your desktop picture.
How to put picture on desktop ?
Follow the steps below to set any image as your desktop wallpaper :
- Use File Explorer to locate the image you want to use.
- Right-click on the file.
- Click on Set as Desktop Background near the top of the long pop-up menu.