How many parts of Computer?
There are several types of computers and each type. The first is the internal parts of the computer and the second is the external parts of the computer.
Many such parts together make up. Let us know about these parts in detail.
The internal parts of a computer system refer to the built-in computer components and it is the internal parts of the computer. Motherboard, CPU, RAM, ROM, Hard Disk, PSU, etc.
It’s the circuit board that connects all of your hardware to your processor, distributes electricity from your power supply, and defines the types of storage devices, memory modules, and graphics cards (among other expansion cards) that can connect to your PC.
Functions of the Motherboard
- The motherboard acts as the central backbone on which other modular parts are installed such as the CPU, RAM and hard disks.
- The motherboard also acts as the platform on which various expansion slots are available to install other devices / interfaces.
CPU (Control Processing Unit):
A central processing unit (CPU), also called a central processor, main processor or just processor, is the electronic circuitry that executes instructions comprising a program.
Function of CPU
- It stores data, intermediate results, and instructions (program).
- It controls the operation of all parts.
RAM stands for random-access memory, but what does that mean? Your computer RAM is essentially short term memory where data is stored as the processor needs it.
Function of RAM
- Reading Files: This is also the work of RAM memory.
- Temporary Storage: RAM saves the data in a temporary way, which is the main function of the computer RAM.
- Loading Applications: Loading a software application is also the main function of RAM.
ROM, which stands for read-only memory is non-volatile memory that permanently stores instructions for your computer.
Function of ROM
- Rom is the secondary memory of the computer.
- Rom is the permanent storage.
Hard disks are flat circular plates made of aluminum or glass and coated with a magnetic material.
Function of Hard Disk
- Stores all of your digital content.
- Data storage capacity hard drive have and that measured in gigabytes or terabytes.
The purpose of a power supply unit (PSU) is to supply power to all of your PC components. Like CPUs and hard drives, power supplies come with many different features. Every user has specific power needs that can vary significantly from person to person.
Function of PSU
- Change ac voltage to pulsating dc voltage by either half-wave or full-wave rectification.
- Regulate power supply output in proportion to the applied load.
GPU (Graphics processing unit):
A specialized processor originally designed to accelerate graphics rendering. GPUs can process many pieces of data simultaneously, making them useful for machine learning, video editing, and gaming applications.
Function of GPU
- The GPU is just focused on graphics.
- It takes commands from the CPU and updates the video display memory.
These parts of the computer system are called external parts of the computer system.
A mouse is a small handheld input device that controls a computer screen’s cursor or pointer in conjunction with the way it is moved on a flat surface. It is dominated by an encoder chip, a small processor that reads the pulses coming from the infrared sensors and turns them into bytes sent to the computer.
Function of Mouse
- Open and close the computer programs, play games and draw pictures.
- Controls the cursor in a GUI and can move and select text, icons, files, and folders.
A keyboard is for putting information including letters, words and numbers into your computer. It consists of multiple buttons, which create numbers, symbols, and letters, and special keys like the Windows and Alt key, including performing other functions.
Function of Keyboard
- Input Date.
- Type Numbers.
- Text Chatting.
- Type Special Character.
- Types computer short cut Keys.
A computer speaker is an output hardware device that connects to a computer to generate sound. The signal used to produce the sound that comes from a computer speaker is created by the computer’s sound card.
Function of Speakers
- Maintains Discipline.
- Determines Agenda.
- Interprets Rules.
- Determines a Defector.
A webcam is a digital video device commonly built into a computer. Its main function is to transmit pictures over the Internet. It is popularly used with instant messaging services and for recording images.
Function of Webcam
- Easy Upload.
- Transmit pictures over the Internet.