A printer driver is software that your computer uses to speak to a physical printer install driver for Printer so by which you may be connected to your computer or to another computer on your network. Update Drivers are locally installed, meaning on your computer.
Install Driver for Printer :
- Click on the Start button > Devices > Printers > Add Printer.
- Click Add a Local Printer and select Next option.
- Choose a Printer Port – You can select from a drop down of existing ports or use the recommended port setting that your computer selects for you.
- Name your printer > Finish and run a test print.
- Open Windows Update Catalog.
- Type the model of the printer on the search box and click the Search button.
- Select the Download button and click the *.cab link download driver.
- Once you complete the steps, the device driver package will download on your computer in a “.cab” container.
- Select Start > Settings and open search box, type “Device installation”.
- Select Change device installation settings.
- Make sure Yes is selected, then either select Save Changes or just close the window.
- Type “Printer,” and select Add a printer or scanner.
- In the Printers & scanners page, select Add a printer or scanner.
- Select your printer and follow any additional instructions to install the printer driver.
Updating Driver for Printer:
- Open Start and search for Device Manager.
- Expand the Printers branch.
- Right-click the printer, and select the Update driver option.
- Click the Browse my computer for driver software button.
- Locate the folder with the extracted driver files.
- Click the OK > Next > Close button.
Adding printer driver:
- Open Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option.
- Click the Next button > Create a new port option.
- Using the “Type of port” drop-down menu, select the printer port.
- Hit the Next option < “Hostname or IP address” field, type the TCP/IP address that corresponds to your printer.
- Select the driver to use option and click the Next > Have Disk > Browse button.
- Browse to the folder with the driver files that you extracted earlier.
- Select the .inf file with the instructions to install the driver.
- Click the Open > OK button.
- Select the printer model that you want to install.
- Click the Next button and under the “Printer name” field, specify a descriptive name for the printer.
- Click the Finish button.