Marketplace was introduced by Facebook in 2016 and has become a popular platform for selling items to local buyers. Compared to Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace is a safer and more user-friendly platform to use when selling locally.
Now, Facebook differentiates itself from Craigslist by allowing qualified sellers to offer nationwide shipping for products in certain categories — giving them a much larger customer base than local-only sellers.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Marketplace, take some time to look around you and see the types of products available. Like eBay or Craigslist, you can buy and sell practically anything you can think of, from cars to couches, video games, furniture, and more.
How does facebook marketplace work ?
Unlike the facebook shop feature, which acts as an online storefront, Facebook Marketplace does not process transactions. Instead, it matches a user who is interested in purchasing a product or item with a potential seller; Once connected, they negotiate a payment method and place to do business—just like a Craigslist or classifieds ad.
The sale of a product on the Facebook Marketplace typically follows this pattern :
- The seller creates a free product listing on Facebook Marketplace with a photo of the product, a detailed description, and a suggested price.
- A potential buyer views the listing and sends them a message via Facebook.
- Seller and buyer negotiate payment and place to exchange the item.
- Buyers and sellers meet in person and exchange a product or service for payment.
Related : how do i get my facebook back
What to sell on facebook marketplace ?
You can sell multiple items on the Facebook Marketplace. Each main category has subcategories so that you can categorize your product and make it easier for people to find it. Categories include:
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Art and Craft
- Auto Parts & Accessories
- Baby products
- Bags and luggage
- Books, Movies and Music
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
- Health and Beauty
- Home and kitchen
- Jewelry and watches
- Musical instruments
- Office supplies
- Patio and garden
- Pet Supplies
- Sporting goods
- Appliances & Home Improvement
- Toys and Games
- Video games and consoles
How to sell on facebook marketplace on desktop ?
The Facebook Marketplace is built into the Facebook website, which is accessed from a web browser. You need a Facebook account and be logged in to access the Marketplace section of the site.
- Go to the Facebook website and select Marketplace from the left menu.
- Select Create new list.
- Select a listing type. Options are items, cars and homes for rent or sale.
- Select Add photo to include pictures of the item in your listing.
- Enter a title, price and category for your listing.
- Enter details to provide details about the item, such as its condition, function, or anything else the sellers may need to know.
- Your general space should be filled. If it’s incorrect or you want to change it, click Field and enter a new field.
- Use the availability menu to specify how many pieces you are selling. The options are:
List as a single item. You have a piece to sell. List as Stock: If you have multiples of the same item to sell, use this option to keep the listing active after someone makes a purchase.
- Select Publish at the bottom of the screen to make the listing live.
How to sell on facebook marketplace on mobile?
In addition to being available on the main Facebook website, the Facebook Marketplace can also be accessed from the official iOS and Android apps for smartphones and tablets. As with the desktop option, you must be logged into Facebook to buy and sell products and services on the Facebook Marketplace.
- Open the official Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the three-lined icon in the horizontal menu.
- Select Market.
- Select a cell.
- A list of three categories appears. Choose the one that best matches what you are selling.
- Add a photo to describe the item and fill in the description field.
- Select Next in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, select the dots next to each location to promote the listing on Facebook, and then tap Publish.
- The listing immediately goes live and appears in the Facebook website and apps at the top of the Facebook Marketplace page.
Benefits of selling on facebook marketplace –
There are plenty of reasons to jump on the Facebook Marketplace bandwagon.
Specifically, you’ll be able to reach more customers faster. According to Facebook’s Q1 2021 report, there are over one billion visitors to the Facebook Marketplace, and the site has a total of nearly three billion users.
With this huge reach, you can get your item seen by a large number of people instantly. It may take you months to generate this type of traffic only on your website and social channels.
Since Facebook is a trusted platform, customers will continue to trust you. They’ll feel more comfortable making a purchase knowing that it’s supported by Facebook. Plus, since the sales process is so simple, there is a higher chance that customers will make purchases on the spot.
Related : facebook session expired
Facebook Marketplace Rules –
In accordance with Facebook’s Commerce Policies, your listing must comply with the Facebook Marketplace Terms.
- You should never list prohibited items (such as vouchers, adult products, events, animals, digital media).
- Your listing must not infringe on the intellectual property of a third party
- Your product must be a product (not a meme, news or service)
- During the pandemic, Facebook also offered additional advice on how to practice safe selling. This includes following local health and safety guidelines, cleaning items before they are sold, and handling the products to be distributed. As a merchant on the Facebook Marketplace, you must ship items within three days of making a sale.
See : facebook id search