Google has opened up Google Classroom to users outside of G Suite for Education. It gave users with personal Google accounts the ability to join or create classes within Google Classroom.
Use Google Classroom:
Step-1 Go to classroom.google.com and click Go to Google Classroom.
Step-2 Enter the email address for your Classroom account and click Next.
Step-3 Enter your password and click Next.
Step-4 If there is a welcome message, review it and click Accept.
Step-5 If you’re using an Google Workspace for Education account, click I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
Step-6 Click Get Started.
Google for Education gives teachers the freedom to spend more time personalizing the learning experience, and less time managing it.
As a Teacher
- Creates a central home for class activities.
- It lets teachers create assignments (and other class activities).
- Collects assignments from students.
- It helps teachers grade assignments and provide feedback.
- It returns assignments to students.
As a Student
- Allow students to snap and submit a picture of their paper homework quickly and easily with improved image capturing.
- Includes “guardian” features for parents.
- Submit assignments to teachers.
- Create and manage classes, assignments, and grades online without paper.
- Give direct, real-time feedback.
Uses of Google Classroom in School
- After School Programs
- Choice Boards
- Parent Information Classes
- Outside Conferences and Workshops
- New Teacher Training
- Replace or Supplement Meetings
- Online Professional Learning
- Book Study/Lit Circles
- Clubs and Organizations
- Create a Class for Learning Challenges
Personal Google Account
You use a personal Google Account outside of a school setting, such as in a homeschool or club. You can’t access the same Classroom features as other accounts. With a personal account:
- Students can’t email classmates.
- Teachers can’t invite guardians to sign up for email summaries.
- Children who have an account managed by a parent can’t create or teach classes.
Google Workspace account:
Google Workspace account is typically used in large organizations that run Workspace Basic, Business, Google Workspace for Education Plus, or Workspace for Nonprofits.
- Learn more about the future of work.
- Google Workspace consists of Gmail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Meet and Google Chat for communication; Currents for employee engagement; Drive for storage; and the Google Docs suite for content creation.
- Everything you need to get anything done, now in one place.