PC Health Check is a system information listing software by Microsoft. This utility application allows Windows 10 users to officially check if their PCs fulfill all the requirements needed for the installation of Windows 11.
Minimum System Requirements for PC Health Check:
- Processor – 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
- RAM – 4 gigabyte (GB)
- Storage – 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware – UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM – Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics Card – Have to show Compatibility with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display – HD (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel
- Internet connection and Microsoft accounts – Windows 11 Home edition requires internet connectivity and a Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use. Since, A Microsoft account is required for some features.
How to run the PC Health Check app?
- From a preferred web browser, locate and then download Microsoft’s PC Health Check.
- Once download is completed, click WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup.msi from your browser’s download notification.
- Next, Review the license agreement and then click ‘I accept‘. Once accepted, click Install.
- As soon as the Windows PC Health Check Setup is complete, click Finish to launch the app.
- After that, Click ‘Check now to begin analyzing your PC for Windows 11 compatibility‘.
- Once the check is completed, you will receive a confirmation message(success or fail message). If you receive a success message, go to Step 7. If you receive a fail message, go to Step 8.
- Your PC is compatible with Windows 11 and will receive the update once it’s available.
- Your PC is incompatible with Windows 11 and won’t be able to update. And the PC health check app will provide a reason why your pc is incompatible.