Encountred with the Print Screen not working issue? Then you are at right place. But don’t panic. You can easily fix this problem and print your screen.
Here’re solutions you can try. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
Update Keyboard Driver
You can update your keyboard driver from Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Start button and click Device Manager or press Windows key + R, input devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Find your keyboard driver, right-click, and select Update driver.
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked if you want Windows to automatically search and install a driver or install them from your computer.
When you’ve installed the updated drivers, restart the computer to see if your Print Screen key works.
Stop All the Running Programs
Some of the application like OneDrive, Dropbox, can work over the Print Screen key, please stop all the running programs on your PC. Then try tapping the screen again to see if it works.
Keep in Mind
Once you failed to take a screen shoot by pressing PrtScn key, you can try to press Fn + PrtScn, Alt + PrtScn or Alt + Fn + PrtScn keys together to try again.
Use Hotkey Combination
- Alt key + PrintScreen: This keyboard shortcut brings up the currently selected window, and you can save this image using Paint or any other editing application.
- WinKey + PrintScreen: This keyboard shortcut takes a screenshot and saves it in the Screenshots folder named Screesnshot (NUMBER). You can find this folder in Pictures on PC. Please note that you should use “Fn + WinKey + PrintScreen” for laptops.
Use Windows + Shift + S keys together
Press Windows + Shift + S keys together from your keyboard. This will create a screenshot tool for the area and simply drag the area where you want to take the screenshots.
Using the Screenshot tool is a very easy process and will prove to be a better alternative when it comes to taking a screenshot of your computer.
Clean Boot Computer
- Press Windows Key+R to launch Run. Now, type “msconfig” and then click on “OK“.
- System Configuration window will be opened.
- Now, in System Configuration window, click on “General” tab and then uncheck the box beside the “Load startup items” option.
- After that, make sure the “Load system services” option is checked.
We hope that this article was able to help you fix the Print Screen function not working on Windows 10.