Google Now can communicate with your phone and other Google products to make your life easier. Google Now can track your music, read notifications for you, and track your device in your smart home. You can also change your voice and name to make it more personal to make Google Now more personalized.
Why You Might Want to Change Your Google Name?
- You want to update your first or last name so that you can change them legally (for example, to update your spouse’s last name after marriage).
- Do you want to use the initial for your first or last name?
- Do you want to give a middle name after your first name?
- For privacy reasons, do you want to use half-name instead of your last name?
- Do you want to use an abbreviated version of your first name instead of the full version, or vice versa (like “John” vs. “Jonathan” or “Mike” vs. “Michael”)
How to Change Your Google Name on the Web
- Select Privacy in the vertical menu on the left (computer site) or in the horizontal menu at the top (mobile site).
- Choose the right-facing arrow to the right of your name.
- To edit the name select the pencil icon
- The form will pop up, enter the asked detail – first and last name.
- When finished, select done
How to Change Your Google Name on Your Android Device
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, you can change your Google name in device settings.
- Open the Settings app on your device by tapping the icon on the home screen or in the applet.
- Tap Google> Google Account.
- Click Privacy above.
- Click Name under Profile Options. You may need to sign in to your account first.
- Click the pencil icon to edit your name.
- Enter your desired first and/or last name into the corresponding fields.
- Tap Done when finished.
Was this page helpful?
Type Yes or No in the comment section below.