How to Setup Canon Printer to Wifi
How to Setup Canon Printer to Wifi
Canon Printer can easily connect to their wireless network, through their devices without any need of entering a password. However, connecting to the devices and setting up Canon wireless printer is quite easier to do. If you face any glitches when doing Canon Printer Wireless Setup on your own, then don’t feel bad! In this blog, we have explained how to set up and connect your wireless printer with an easy form. So, simply, read it out and follow the same to complete the whole setup process in no time.
Step to Setup Canon Printer Wireless to Wifi
Go through the below-mentioned instructions one by one to make your Canon wireless printer setup on your PC and use it to print the document without any hassle. Let’s have a glimpse at the given points:
Step 1: Connect Your Canon Printer To Wi-Fi
Once you go through the following noted steps, you can effort-freely connect your Canon printer to your Wi-Fi. Hence, lets’ start doing the same:
- First, turn your Canon printer ON by pressing the Power button.
- Next, click on the “Settings” option, press the arrow button and once you get the “Device Settings” option, press “OK”
- Now, tap on the arrow button until you see “LAN Settings”. Once you find it, click on the OK tab.
- Then, press the arrow button until you go to wireless LAN setup. Now, click OK.
- After doing this, the printer will start searching for the Wi-Fi network, in the meanwhile, the light will be flashing
- If the searching process takes more time, then you can click on the “Stop” button. Doing this will move to “Wireless LAN setup, standard setup”. Now, press OK
- Click on the arrow button until you get your wi-fi network. Once you find it, click OK.
- After that, enter your password for the Wi-Fi and then press OK, once again tap the “OK” button if the screen says connected.
Step 2: Add Your Wireless Canon Printer To Your Computer
Once your Canon printer gets connected to the wifi, you will need to connect it to the computer for greater use. For this, you can follow the three steps shown below.
- On the system’s keyboard, press the “Windows” key together with the “R” key.
- Type “control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters” in the “Run” box and hit the “Enter” key.
- Then click on “Add a printer and go through the instructions on your screen.
After completing these two steps, you can print a test page to check whether it is functioning appropriately or not.
Step 3: Connect Canon Printer to Wifi via Standard Connection
Are you thinking “how to connect my Canon printer to wifi via the standard connection method?” Does it also seem complex to you? Below you will find easy step-by-step instructions for the network settings, things you need to do before the setup, and the procedures to connect your printer to wifi on Windows and Mac.
For Network Settings:
- First, connect your system to your Canon printer.
- Now, add papers to the input tray of your Canon printer.
- Tap the “Resume” or “Cancel” button and hold it for a while.
- Verify the connection status on the information page printed.
- Also, ensure that the network name is the same.
Things to Do Before Setup:
- Switch on your Canon printer.
- Ensure that it is properly connected to your system.
- Get an Ethernet cable in case of a wired connection.
- Install all the essential drivers on your system.
- To check the speed, connect your Canon printer to the internet.
- If you have a router, ensure that your printer and system are connected to it.
Setup for Windows:
- Open the “Start” menu and then click on the “Settings”.
- Click on “Devices”.
- Select the option “Printers and Scanners”.
- Click on “Add a printer or scanner”.
- When your Canon printer gets added, connect it to the network on which the device is.
Setup for Mac:
- On your Mac, go to “System preferences”.
- Click on “Printers & scanners”.
- To add your Canon printer, press the “+” symbol.
- Select your Canon printer from the list and then add it.
- If you have a router, you will need to connect your Mac and Canon printer to the same network.
- Now, try a test print to see that the connection is successful.
Step 4: What To Do If Printer Is Not Working Well
If your Canon printer acts a bit weird, then:
- Any error notifications pop-up randomly during the print job.
- It stops responding and even won’t print anything else.
- When you come across with any of these situations, then the possibilities are due to having an outdated or corrupt printer driver. So, if you update your printer driver immediately and see it fixes your problem. From the official manufacturing website, you can download and install an updated printer driver.
More posts: how to change ink in canon printer | how to install Canon Pixma pro 100 on mac | how to put ink in canon Pixma mg3620 | how to start canon printer