Windows 10 always logs blue screen of death errors. There are many other death screens that a Windows computer may face. Windows White Screen is also a bug where the computer screen turns white and freezes. Sometimes this happens when you start your computer. This leaves very little room for users to resolve this issue. However, there are several ways to resolve this issue on your computer.
White Screen on Windows laptop or Computer monitor
There can be many factors that can cause a white screen to appear on a Windows laptop monitor. However, the main problem can be damage to the graphics hardware.
Check the Graphics Card hardware manually
You can try dusting up components such as your computer’s graphics card. I would recommend using a small blower or wiping the ingredients with a soft cloth. Be careful not to damage any parts of the moisture or damage any circuits when performing this work. Check for physical damage.
Make sure you do this carefully, as even a small bump can stop your computer and cause you financial costs.
If you are unsure, you can ask a qualified technician to do it for you.
Update your graphics drivers
One of the most common causes of this error is rotten or outdated graphics drivers. Therefore, you should try to update your drivers before attempting anything more complex.
To update the Graphics Driver –
- Open Run prompt (Win + R) and type devmgmt.msc.
- Press Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Expand the list of Display adapters and right-click on the graphics card driver.
- Select Update driver.
Scan Virus of Your Computer
The “laptop white screen” problem can be caused by a virus attack. So run your antivirus software and run a security scan to clean any existing viruses or malware. Make sure your antivirus software has been updated to the latest version.
- Step 1: Press Windows and I at the same time to open Settings, and then select Updates and Security to continue.
- Step 2: In the left pane, select Windows Defender in the pop-up pane. Then click Open Windows Defender Security Center to continue.
- Step 3: Click Virus and Threat Protection.
- Step 4: Select Advanced Scan.
- Step 5: Then choose Full Scan and Scan Now to continue. Then it will scan the virus on your computer. If there are, delete them.
When the process is finished, you can check whether the issue the specified module could not be found is solved.
Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
Again, if you can boot normally, fine – unless you need to boot into safe mode to make it work.
The Hardware and Device Troubleshooter checks for changes and problems connecting hardware and related drivers. Fixes possible issues.
- Click on Start and go to Settings > Updates and Security > Troubleshoot
- Select the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter from the list and run it
- Restart the system once it is complete.
Delete Files in Registry
DLL failed to load: specified module not found error not found due to corrupt registry files. To resolve this issue, you can try to delete the registry files.
Well, here’s how.
- Step 1: Press the Windows key and the R key to open the Run dialog box, type regedit in the box, and then click OK to continue.
- Step 2: In the popup window, select the following keys and remove them.
Then restart computer and check if the problem loading the DLL: the specific module not found is fixed.
Run sfc /scannow command
- Press the Windows logo key and the R key on the keyboard at the same time to bring up the Run field.
- Type cmd and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter on your keyboard to open a command prompt in administrator mode.
Note: DO NOT click OK or just press Enter because you will not be able to open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Type sfc / scannow (or copy-paste) and press Enter. Then wait until the 100% verification is complete
- Restart your computer to check the white screen issue is fixed or not
In short, this post identifies different ways to solve a particular module without finding an error. If you encounter the same problem when you run the program, try these fixes.