SmartCast is just Vizio’s built in app platform that runs on all their TVs. If you’ve ever used a Chromecast or Amazon Firestick, Smartcast is very similar. It gives you access to hundreds of other streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and more. Smartcast is an application that you have to install on your gadget. This application allows users to cast to their TV regardless of whether their TV or phone has casting facility or not. That is, a Smart Cast gives your gadget accessibility features that enhance the functionality of your TV.
With SmartCast, users can connect their TVs to a network to enable features such as app downloads, streaming, etc. on their TVs. Normally, if you use SmartCast, your smartphone will be the central controller rather than your TV remote.
How can you use Smartcast ?
Smartcast is very easy to use and fast. However, if you have any problems casting your device, you can use the manual or contact customer support to guide you through the process. Nevertheless, below is a simple guide on how to cast to your TV using SmartCast.
- Download the Summercast App to your mobile device
- Login to your account
- Make sure your mobile device and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network for easy casting
- Once both the devices are successfully paired, click on the video or show you want to watch
- Alternatively, you can find the Cast icon in the app (usually at the top right of the screen (Android devices) and at the bottom right (iOS).
- Once you see the list of Cast devices, your Smart TV should appear in the list; Click on it.
- Once you click on your TV, it will activate and start playing the video you selected
- However, if the video doesn’t start playing, don’t worry; It could be a casting problem. Maybe there was an error while casting. To clear this out, try closing the app and casting again.
How do I add apps to Smartcast TV ?
Smartcast TVs come with a selection of core apps preinstalled on the TV. You can select these directly, but you also have access to an additional set of apps that you can cast to a display or TV.
However, if you want to add apps outside the main list or pre-selected mobile apps available for instant casting, you’ll need to add them to your smartphone to cast to TV, just like you would using a Chromecast device. Huh. do time.
Any apps you add that aren’t in the main apps list and installed on your TV are live on your smartphone, and you’ll need to cast them.
The process for adding an app is the same as you would do on a Chromecast device.
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Select an available Chromecast-enabled app for casting.
- Tap Install.
- Once installed, the app is now integrated into the Cast selection of your smartphone.
- To cast an app, open it and tap the Cast logo (the same logo Chromecast uses) at the top of your smartphone screen.
When you start a cast and your content starts playing on the SmartCast TV or display, you can perform other tasks on your phone at the same time without interruption, finding other content to cast, Can make phone calls that involve turning off the phone. , or even get out of the house with your phone.
Vizio Smartcast not working, how to fix it ?
If your Vizio SmartCast TV displays a black screen when pressing other buttons on the TV remote doesn’t help, it’s a sign that the SmartCast feature isn’t working at all. However, there are some troubleshooting methods available and you can follow them to fix Vizio Smartcast not working.
- Check Your Network Connection
This is a TV that works perfectly on a wireless internet connection, the first thing you need to do is to check that it is not caused by a network problem. You can do a network test right away on the TV itself.
- Open the Settings menu and select Network.
- Now choose Test Connection. Here you will be able to see whether the network is connected or not or whether there is a speed problem in your network.
- If it has something to do with the network, you can probably try connecting another device to that network and check. If there is a problem with this, it is clear that your network is the culprit here.
- In such a case, you can simply call your ISP and let them know that you have a network problem.
- Similarly, you can also connect your Vizio Smartcast TV to another network and check if it is a network problem or Vizio Smartcast problem.
- Change SmartCast Language
Sometimes, software glitches can be the reason for SmartCast not working. Why change the language you may ask. Well, changing the language helps to refresh the SmartCast home screen and will force it to display content in the new language. Sometimes, it can work just fine. Here’s how you can change the SmartCast language on your Vizio SmartCast TV to fix the not working issue.
- Open the Vizio TV Settings menu and select System.
- Highlight the Menu language option and switch to another language, such as French or Spanish.
- The SmartCast home screen will now reload and attempt to display the content in the newly selected language.
- With everything loaded correctly, it’s time to change the language to your preferred language.
- Now, Smartcast should load normally without any problems.
- Enable Demo Mode
Sometimes it’s best to just switch inputs that aren’t working or loading properly. Switching inputs will help to refresh the home screen and keep the home screen working properly. A demo mode is a mode where it will only display pictures or videos stored in the TV. It is commonly used in stores to display materials that will show display capabilities. Since it requires you to change the input, it can help to fix the SmartCast home screen. Here is how you can enable Store Mode to fix Vizio SmartCast TV not working issue.
- Open the Settings menu on the Vizio SmartCast TV.
- Scroll down to Admin & Privacy and select it.
- Now choose Store Demo and that’s it. Your Vizio SmartCast TV has now converted its input to Store Demo.
- Let it run for a few minutes before exiting the store demo.
- Now, turn off the TV by using the button on the TV or from the remote itself.
- Turn the TV back on with the remote or side button.
- Now you will see a message on your screen saying Store Demo is going to launch. Using the remote, simply press and hold the input button on the remote or TV.
- And thus you can exit the Store Demo Mode on your Vizio SmartCast TV.
- Power Cycle the TV
Power cycling TV will help get rid of temporary glitches that may cause Vizio SmartCast TVs to not work properly. Do the following to power cycle your Vizio SmartCast TV .
- Open the Settings menu and select System.
- Scroll down and select Reset & Admin.
- Highlight and select the Soft Power Cycle option.
- The TV will now ask if you want to soft power cycle. Select Yes.
- Your TV will turn off and on immediately.
Alternatively, you can simply turn off the TV with the remote and then disconnect the plug from the power outlet. Disconnect the TV for a minute or two and then plug the TV back into power. Vizio SmartCast should now work perfectly fine. If none of the above options help to fix Vizio Smartcast not working, it’s time to do a factory reset.
To get information related to computer, you click here – airplay not working on samsung tv , nintendo switch dock not working , youtube picture in picture not working , samsung tv plus not working , smartcast not working