Canon printer error e05 occurs when the ink cartridge is not installed correctly or is dirty. If you want more information about this error then read my full article for an easy solution. We are telling you the solution to many other errors along with the reasons in the given link- 5b00, 5100, 5200, 5800, b200, etc.
How to fix Canon Printer Error e05?
Resolve the following errors by applying the following steps :
Restart the printer :
- Hit the Stop button and reboot your canon printer.
- If you are facing this error start your canon printer but if you face the following error again then jump to the next method.
Reset your Printer :
- Start Canon Printer > Menu bar > Setup menu > Device settings.
- Click on the OK option and reset the device by selecting the re-setting option.
- After this process check whether the error is resolved or not.
Check the Ink Cartridge Position :
Due to an incorrect cartridge position, this error occurred. Open the printer cover and check the position of the ink cartridge. Fix the low connectivity of the ink cartridge. Once you’ve done try to print something and check whether the error is resolved or not.
Clear the Blockage :
- Open the cover of the canon printer.
- Press the power button to turn off the printer.
- Install a new ink cartridge and press 2 times the cartridge holder.
- Clean the ink cartridge with a soft cloth piece and wipe the cartridge.
- Now, reinstall the cartridge in the printer.
- Restart the canon printer and make sure that you clean the ink cartridge properly.
Repair ink cartridge :
If you recently purchased an ink cartridge insert it properly on the side of the cartridge in Canon Printer. For repairing the ink cartridge you’ve to interact with experts or a service center.