Methods to Remove Canon Printer Error Code 5100
Canon support code 5100 indicates that there is a problem with ink carriage. Typically, some printers currently have cartridge carriage jams. This can usually be fixed by using service mode and flushing the printer heads if blockages occur. So, Error 5100 is related to a carriage error. It can generally be fixed by using service mode and flushing the printer heads when it has a blockage. Here, the blog will guide very easy steps to exterminate this error code. In case the mentioned guidelines are not effective for you, you can simply obtain reliable as well as trustworthy Canon Support by sitting at your home. By doing this you will get an easy solution.
Steps To Fix Canon Printer Error Code 5100
Follow the instructions carefully to end up with Canon printer error code 5100 from your Canon printer. Keep an eye on the points noted:
Reset The Ink Cartridge:
- Unplug your Canon printer.
- Remove all the USB cables connected to your machine.
- Access the cartridge door of your Canon printer.
- Press the “Power” button of your machine.
- Now, attach the power cable of your printer as well as the USB cables.
- And reset the cartridge properly.
Reset The Printer Machine:
- Turn off your Canon printer.
- Remove the power cable of your Canon printer.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Now, attach the power cable back to your Canon printer.
- Turn on your device and hold its “Resume” button at the same time.
- Let go of the “Resume” button when the light of your device starts.
Clear The Jammed Paper Inside The Printer:
The paper jamming issue is a very common problem and it is the one reason due to which you confront an error code 5100. Therefore, while printing something the Canon Printer Error code 5100 showed up on the computer screen, so you should understand that the paper gets stuck into the printer. Hence, just open the printer from the back panel to see whether the paper is stuck and if it is really, then clear out all the jammed paper instantly.
Clean The Printing Strip:
If you have ever accessed the interiors of your Canon printer, then you would remember a white plastic strip within. This is called the printing strip. You can find it above the drive belt. When this strip does not stay clean, you can experience the 5100 error code on your Canon printer. Cleaning this printing strip is the simplest Canon printer error 5100 fixes for you.
Simply, open your Canon printer. Ensure whether or not the strip is clean. If it is not clean, then wipe it with care with a soft and dry cloth. When these steps are over, close the cover of your Canon printer and then use it as usual.
Remove Dust from the Insides of your Printer:
You can fix Canon printer error 5100 by cleaning the insides of your machine. A clean and soft cloth along with some rubbing alcohol is just what you require for this fix.
- If your printer is on, kindly turn it off.
- Get a soft and clean cloth, ensure that the cloth is just a little damp.
- Rub the cloth on the outside of the printer to clean it.
- Now, get a lint-free clean cloth along with rubbing alcohol.
- Clean the insides of the printer with the lint-free cloth and rubbing alcohol.
- Ensure that no hardware is forcefully moved by you.
Adjust Ink Cartridge Properly:
When the Canon 5100 printer error has occurred due to the improper adjustment of your printer’s ink cartridge panel, the best thing to do will be to adjust it properly. For adjusting the ink cartridge panel properly, you can consider the steps mentioned here.
- Open the ink cartridge panel of your Canon printer.
- Take out the colour packages.
- Now, you have to install the colour packages one at a time.
- After the colour packages have been installed, see to it that they are tightly placed.
- Now, perform a test print. If the page gets printed without any error code in the display, then the error code 5100 will have been fixed.
In this post, you understood what these reasons are. You also got to know the fixes that are effective in resolving as well as preventing this error code on your Canon printer. Allow us to help you know the causes of this error and then fix it quickly.