Canon Support Code 5100 is an annoying error that indicates there is a problem with the ink carriage. Typically, something recent obstructs the ink cartridge carriage. If you are facing more error like – canon error code 5b00 , 5200 , 5800 , 5b00 , 6000 , 5011 , 5010 , e02 , b203 , 1403 , e05 , 6A00 etc. So you can help yourself by clicking on these links.
Causes of Canon Error Code 5100
- Paper jammed.
- An improperly seated ink tank.
- An object inside the printer.
- Dust Insides of your Printer
- Dirty Printer heads.
Resolve the Canon Support Code 5100 Error
Fix-1: Basic troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure that all object inside the printer has been removed.
- Clean printer heads.
- Check the paper jam in the paper tray. If any paper is stuck then take it out properly.
- Take a clean cloth and clean the inside and outside of the canon printer.
Fix-2: Reset the Canon Printer
- Press the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Disconnect all the cables for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug them back in.
- Press the power button to turn the printer back on, then try printing again.
Fix-3: Reset the ink cartridge
- Unplug the power cord and data cable from the printer.
- Access the ink cartridge door of your printer.
- then, press the power button.
- Now, plug in the power cord and data cable of your printer.
Fix-4: Reset Canon Ink Absorber
- Press and hold the “Power” button and reconnect the power cord.
- Once the printer is turned On, release the power button.
- Then, wait five seconds and push the “Power” button again.
Fix-5: Clean the Printing strip
- Open the printer cover and find the printing strip.
Tip: Printing strip is located in the drive belt and behind the cartridge cradle.
- If it is not clean, then wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Now, close the cover of your printer.
Fix-6: Set the ink Cartridge Properly
- Turn off the canon printer.
- Open the ink cartridge door.
- Remove the cartridge and then reinsert it in its place.
Note: Insert your cartridge into the slot with the ink nozzles facing away from you.
- Now, close the ink cartridge door.