Canon printer error b203 is caused by an empty cartridge or outdated printer driver. In this article, we have mentioned several other causes and fixing steps. Some related Canon printer error resolution steps are given in the link: 5b00, 5100, 5200, 5800, etc.
Causes: Canon Printer Error b203
- Empty ink cartridges.
- If you are using an Outdated printer driver.
- Due to jammed paper or any paper is stuck.
- Due to inadequate network connection quality.
How to fix Canon Printer Error b203?
Here we’re discussing 5 prime methods of resolving Canon Printer Error:-
Perform Power Cycle :
- First, turn off the Canon Printer.
- Now, disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Press the “Power” button for a minute.
- Connect the cord and the device to your PC.
- Switch on the both devices (printer and system).
- Test your printer by trying to print something.
Replace ink cartridge :
Turn off the printer by disconnecting it from the switches and check whether the ink cartridge is full or not. If you find the cartridge empty then refill it for a proper resolution. Sometimes inappropriate installation may cause this error. For cleaning ink cartridge follow the steps:-
- Open the printer cover and take out the ink cartridge.
- Now, clean the cartridge by cotton or clean piece of cloth.
- Now, refill the ink into cartridge and place it.
- Finally, you’ve done the above steps successfully check whether the error is resolved or not.
Check the Network status :
Sometimes this error happens because of low internet connections. For resolution check your internet connection. Click on the start menu button > Enter “cmd” > write ipconfig. > check whether the printer is connected to the network or not.
Remove jammed paper :
- Open the printer head and remove all the jammed paper because it damage the internal parts of the printer.
- Check the paper feed tray and front cover by using thumbwheel.
- Reconnect the printer and turn on the PC to connect your printer.
- Try to print out and check whether the printer works properly or not.
Update the Printer Driver :
- Click on the “Windows key + R” key and type devmgmt.msc.
- Press the “Enter” button > “Device Manager“.
- Search the printer driver and click on it to open it.
- Click on the “Update Printer Driver”.
- After completing the proper update restart your device again.