Canon Printer Error 1660 encounters when the installation of ink cartridge is inappropriate. Here we are discussing the several reasons of occurrence like :
- Due to defective cartridge.
- After refilling cartridge inappropriate placement.
- Unable to recognize the ink tank.
Settle the Canon Printer Error 1660 :
Here we are discussing some prime methods of resolution.
Solve the error 1660 by reinstalling the cartridges:
- Open the printer cover after unplugging the cables.
- If the red light is off it means the cartridge is not installed.
- For resolving this error take out the cartridge and close the canon printer.
- Now, again turn on the printer and re-insert the ink cartridge.
- Close the print head and make sure the orange protection cap is detached.
- Press the cancel button and try to print something.
Solve the error 1660 by resetting the ink cartridge :
- Detach the cables and turn off the canon printer.
- Clean and reinstall the ink cartridge properly.
- Now, press and hold the reset button for a while.
- Make sure that the printer and ink cartridge is connected properly.
- Press and hold the reset button until the green light blinks.
- When the resetting process is successfully done try to print something whether the error is resolved or not.
Solve the error 1660 by restarting your printer:
- Firstly unplug the printer cables from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the power button for a while.
- Now, restart the printer by holding the power button.
- Release the power button and try to print something whether the error is resolved or not.
Solve the error 1660 by reinstalling the printhead :
Turn off the canon printer and take out the printhead and clean it with dry cotton or dry piece of cloth. Now, reinstall the printhead.